Supporting the Future – Win a Seat to the Availability Groups Boot Camp in August
Giving back is intrinsic to SQLHA’s values. Nearly every time we offer public training, we’ve given away a seat in at least one class. In 2016, it was WIT and we saluted the troops in 2017. The upcoming classes in Chicago in August are no exception. This time, we’re giving away one seat for the Always On Availability Groups Boot Camp from August 7 – 9.
For this giveaway, we’re focusing on the future. If you are between the ages of 18 and 25, a high school senior, currently enrolled in college, or just graduated college within the last six months, you are eligible to be in the running for that free seat. This is a very unique opportunity to get real world skills at a young age, so good luck to all entrants.
- You have to be able to prove that you are at least 18 years of age but no older than 25, a high school senior, currently enrolled in college, or just graduated college in the last six (6) months.
- Send an e-mail to sales at sqlha dot com with the subject Give Me Real World Education and tell us why you think you deserve the seat and how it would impact you. You really have to demonstrate that you truly would benefit from attending.You do not have to send a tome, but one or two lines won’t cut it either. The grammar police won’t hold it against you if your e-mail is not up to snuff; we prefer heartfelt over perfect. Having said that, see #10 of The Fine Print. There is one exception.
- Entries must be in by Friday, June 28, at 5PM Eastern. A winner will be chosen and notified by Friday, July 5.
- Do not make or send a video, write a Word document, etc.; that will disqualify you. This should be e-mail only.
The Fine Print
- One entry per person.
- Winners will not be eligible for a free seat in a future class and are ineligible for winning any other free SQLHA LLC giveaway for 12 months after winning the seat in the class (excluding any giveaways in the class). If you cannot attend the class where you are chosen as a winner, you forfeit the prize.
- Do not enter if you cannot attend; it is not fair to those who can and a waste of everyone’s time.
- You have to get yourself to the class. That means you are responsible for all travel and expenses including, but not limited to: airfare, taxis, food, hotel, and so on. If you cannot meet this obligation for the class, please don’t enter. We’re just providing the class itself.
- Entries without the proper subject will be disqualified. Sorry.
- While we do not have delicate sensibilities, keep your entries clean.
- You are responsible for any taxes you may need to pay as a result of winning this contest.
- You must be eligible to win. For example, some who work in certain jobs or roles would be ineligible. Know if you can before you enter.
- All entries must be in English.
- While we understand that writing is not everyone’s forte, anyone who uses text speak such as ur will be disqualified as well. We have to have some standards, you know.
Not between the ages of 18 and 25 and still in or just out of school?
We have a few seats left in each class, so don’t miss your opportunity. Use the discount code GIVE20 to get 20% off of the Chicago classes. Don’t miss out!
Why SQLHA for your training needs?
Show your boss this. We offer the best in person training which includes labs. Keeping our class sizes smaller, our classes have great interaction. Between the labs and being in the room with one of the world’s recognized experts for availability on SQL Server, it doesn’t get much better.