This year is going by fast. I can’t believe Memorial Day here in the US is this weekend and it’ll be June in a few days.
Some of you may have noticed, but PASS changed how they were doing submissions for PASS Summit this year. Usually the call for speakers went out around March and people were picked by June/July. I always felt March was a bit early since so much can change. One of the bigger changes was that PASS themselves were going to choose the precon speakers – you could not submit abstracts. As someone who has had a precon quite a bit over the past ten years, I never take it for granted when I am selected, and if I am not, I don’t complain. That’s the way the cookie crumbles. I am thrilled that PASS did select me as one of the lucky ones who will be doing a precon at PASS Summit 2017. No, I cannot say just yet what it will be – you’ll find out soon enough – but as has been the case for the past few years, there will be labs (I’m a masochist for work). Last year was sold out so if you want to get in on my precon, I suggest you sign up early.
This means I’ll also have a regular session during PASS Summit itself, and will hopefully be judging Speaker Idol again assuming it’s happening. I bring my best Simon Cowell impression to the table. SQLHA, the company Max and I run, will also once again be sharing a booth in the exhibitor’s hall with Denny Cherry & Associates, so come say hello.
I’ve got some other stuff in the pipeline that I can’t talk about just yet for later this year – it’s going to be a busy fall. I will be speaking at SQL Saturday in Los Angeles in a few weeks and am looking forward to that. Hope to see you there.
Memorial Day Training Sale
SQLHA has some of the best training around. This year we have three public classes in the US scheduled for the second half of this year:
- SQL Server Availability Fundamentals on August 7 in Chicago, IL
- Always On Availability Groups Boot Camp from August 8 – 10 in Chicago, IL (a class many have asked me to do)
- Mission Critical SQL Server from December 4- 7 in Malvern, PA ( just outside of Philadelphia)
To “celebrate” Memorial Day weekend, we’re offering a sale on all of our training classes which is bigger than the current discounts offered. Don’t miss out!
- 25% off a single class in Chicago (making the one day SQL Server Availability Fundamentals $521.50 instead of $695, and the three day Always On Availability Groups Boot Camp $1,646.25 instead of $2,195)
- 30% off both classes in Chicago ($2,023 instead of $2,890)
- 30% off Mission Critical SQL Server in Malvern ($2,026 instead of $2,895)
The best part? There’s nothing you have to do! When you go to register, the discounts are already there. Just select what you want and that’s it. No codes to remember, no secret handshake, nothing special you need to sign up to get it (but feel free to sign up for our newsletter …) – just use it. What are you waiting for?