We here at SQLHA had a chat and we decided that besides what we already do already, we want to give back to the SQL Server community at large. We started somewhere and people gave us a helping hand – we’d like to do the same and pay it forward. That’s why we decided for selected deliveries of my in-person Mission Critical SQL Server class we put on, we are going to give away one seat to a lucky winner … and we’re doing it for Chicago from December 9 – 12. Classes like the upcoming London one (and Australia which I just finished) would always be out of scope since those are not put on directly by SQLHA. Remember that there is still a discount (see the link above) for the Chicago class if you want to outright purchase a seat (and I encourage you to sign up!).
If you don’t win for Chicago, don’t fret – we’re looking at the 2014 calendar now and scheduling additional dates in the US and maybe Canada. Outside of North America – stay tuned.
To win the seat is simple: send us an e-mail as to why you think you deserve the seat and how it would impact you. It’s just that simple. Don’t send us one sentence, or just “Pick me!” We also don’t need a tome. As I said above, we want to give back so give us a heartfelt answer as to why you should be chosen. We are not going to make you do anything outlandish or record a video (if you want to, that’s fine but we are not asking for it); we’re going to keep this simple.
Send all entries to: email@example.com with the this as your e-mail subject: Windy City Here I Come
All entries must be received by 11:59 PM Eastern US time on Friday, November 22, 2013. No extensions or amount of begging will change that.
The Fine Print
- One entry per person per class. Entry is only good for the class submitted. You must submit individual entries for different classes.
- Winners will not be eligible for a free seat in a future class and are ineligible for winning any other free SQLHA giveaway for 12 months after winning the seat in the class (excluding any giveaways in the class). If you cannot attend the class where you are chosen as a winner, you forfeit the prize. Please do not enter if you cannot attend; it is not fair to those who can.
- You (or your company) are responsible for all travel and expenses including, but not limited to: airfare, taxis, food, hotel, and so on. If you cannot meet this obligation for the class you are thinking of entering, please save it for one you can.
- Entries without the proper subject will be disqualified. Sorry.
- While we do not have delicate sensibilities, keep your entries clean.
- You are responsible for any taxes you may need to pay as a result of winning this contest.
- You must be eligible to win. For example, some who work in certain jobs or roles (such as some government agencies) would be ineligible. Know if you can before you enter. I apologize in advance if what you do rules you out, but we don’t want to waste anyone’s time or cause issues for you OR us.
- While we understand that writing is not everyone’s forte and English may not be your first language, anyone who uses text speak such as ur will be disqualified as well.