Supporting Our Troops – Win a Seat in the Upcoming Classes In Chicago
Nearly every year since we’ve been offering public training, we’ve given away one seat in a class for a good cause or to people who would not ordinarily be able to attend. As an example, last year was WIT. Max and I really believe that giving back is important. Sure, we’re taking money out of our own pockets but it’s the right thing to do. SQLHA really does put our proverbial money where our mouth is; we do not take giving back lightly.
We’re happy to announce that this year, we’ll be giving away one seat for each of the upcoming Chicago classes: SQL Server Availability Fundamentals on August 7 and the Always On Availability Groups Boot Camp from August 8 – 10. This year, we are also focusing on a specific group like last year with WIT. This time around it’s active duty or retired military members (gender does NOT matter). As long as you did or currently do serve in a branch of the military, you are eligible.
Good luck if you enter!
- You have to be able to prove that you are or were in one of the branches of the military.
- Send an e-mail to sales at sqlha dot com with the subject Supporting Our Troops and tell us which class you are interested (it’s possible for one person to get both, but if you put both, specify a preference) along with why you think you deserve the seat and how it would impact you. You really have to demonstrate that you truly would benefit from attending.
You do not have to send a tome, but one or two lines won’t cut it either. The grammar police won’t hold it against you if your e-mail is not up to snuff; we prefer heartfelt over perfect. Having said that, see #10 of The Fine Print. There is one exception.
- Entries must be in by Friday, June 30, at 5PM Eastern. A winner will be chosen and notified by Wednesday, July 5.
- Do not make or send a video, write a Word document, etc.; that will disqualify you. This should be e-mail only.
The Fine Print
- One entry per person.
- Winners will not be eligible for a free seat in a future class and are ineligible for winning any other free SQLHA LLC giveaway for 12 months after winning the seat in the class (excluding any giveaways in the class). If you cannot attend the class where you are chosen as a winner, you forfeit the prize.
- Do not enter if you cannot attend; it is not fair to those who can and a waste of everyone’s time.
- You (or your company) are responsible for all travel and expenses including, but not limited to: airfare, taxis, food, hotel, and so on. If you cannot meet this obligation for the class you are thinking of entering, please save it for one you can. We’re just providing the class, not the whole shebang.
- Entries without the proper subject will be disqualified. Sorry.
- While we do not have delicate sensibilities, keep your entries clean.
- You are responsible for any taxes you may need to pay as a result of winning this contest.
- You must be eligible to win. For example, some who work in certain jobs or roles would be ineligible. Know if you can before you enter. I apologize in advance if what you do rules you out, but we don’t want to waste anyone’s time or cause issues for you OR us.
- All entries must be in English.
- While we understand that writing is not everyone’s forte, anyone who uses text speak such as ur will be disqualified as well. We have to have some standards, you know.
Not in the military?
We have a few seats left in each class, so don’t miss your opportunity. Use the discount code HOORA20 to get 20% off (which is bigger than the current built-in discount) before you miss out.
Why SQLHA for your training needs?
Show your boss this. We offer the best in person training which includes labs. Keeping our class sizes smaller, our classes have great interaction. Between the labs and being in the room with one of the world’s recognized experts for availability on SQL Server, it doesn’t get much better.