Supporting WIT – Win a Seat in the Upcoming Mission Critical SQL Server Class in Chicago
Happy Friday, everyone. It’s been a bit busy in SQLHAland, and I’m getting caught up on a lot of stuff. One thing I do over the years is to give back when and where I can. Max and I were talking about this recently, and we thought the upcoming Mission Critical SQL Server class in Chicago was a great way to do something we have in the past – give a seat to someone deserving in one of our classes (similar to Chicago in 2013 and Boston in 2014).
However, this time we decided instead of opening it up to everyone, it’s not gone unnoticed that Max and I do not see a lot of women on the infrastructure side of the house when we work with customers. This time around, the seat we will give away is to support WIT.
Good luck if you enter!
- No males. Sorry guys!
- Send an e-mail to sales at sqlha dot com with the subject WIT Rocks and tell us why you think you deserve the seat in Mission Critical SQL Server and how it would impact you. You really have to demonstrate that you truly would benefit from attending. You do not have to send a tome, but one or two lines won’t cut it either. The grammar police won’t hold it against you if your e-mail is not up to snuff; we prefer heartfelt over perfect. Having said that, see #10 of The Fine Print. There is one exception.
- Entries must be in by Friday, July 15, at 5PM Eastern. A winner will be chosen and notified on Monday, July 18.
- Do not make or send a video, write a Word document, etc.; that will disqualify you. This should be e-mail only.
The Fine Print
- One entry per person per class. Entry is only good for the class submitted. You must submit individual entries for different classes.
- Winners will not be eligible for a free seat in a future class and are ineligible for winning any other free SQLHA LLC giveaway for 12 months after winning the seat in the class (excluding any giveaways in the class). If you cannot attend the class where you are chosen as a winner, you forfeit the prize.
- Do not enter if you cannot attend; it is not fair to those who can and a waste of everyone’s time.
- You (or your company) are responsible for all travel and expenses including, but not limited to: airfare, taxis, food, hotel, and so on. If you cannot meet this obligation for the class you are thinking of entering, please save it for one you can.
- Entries without the proper subject will be disqualified. Sorry.
- While we do not have delicate sensibilities, keep your entries clean.
- You are responsible for any taxes you may need to pay as a result of winning this contest.
- You must be eligible to win. For example, some who work in certain jobs or roles (such as some government agencies) would be ineligible. Know if you can before you enter. I apologize in advance if what you do rules you out, but we don’t want to waste anyone’s time or cause issues for you OR us.
- All entries must be in English.
- While we understand that writing is not everyone’s forte, anyone who uses text speak such as ur will be disqualified as well.
Special WIT Discount
Everyone who enters will also get a special discount code so if you don’t get the free seat, you will get a great price if you want to attend. If you are a woman and don’t want to enter the contest but would like to attend, contact us and we’ll get you that WIT only discount code.
Will there be a seperate session for the SQL Server folks (male) on “Supporting WIT – Win a Seat in the Upcoming Mission Critical SQL Server Class in Chicago”?
No. The other times I ran this it was open to both men and women, and if I do it again in the future, it will most likely be open to men and women but this time is specifically focused on encouraging women to participate on the infrastructure side of the house.
You are more than happy to sign up for the class, though.
Looking forward to expanding my knowledge of SQL
I don’t see you registered, but hope to see you in Chicago.
Allan, I just want to say thank you for the opportunity that you have given me to attend this class. Ironically, August 8th is my birthday. What a birthday present.
But this class is going to help me with the project that we have going converting all these old SQL instances to an HA environment.
So yes, I’m very excited about the class.
You’re welcome … looking forward to seeing you in about a week and a half.